- The game of the night was Duke playing Gonzaga in New York. The Devils “gutted” out another win 61-54 and I cannot tell you how tired I am of hearing that. The Bulldogs who lit UNC up were not as good against Duke and I really cannot decide whether that has to do with Duke’s defense or the fact that UNC seems to bring that out in teams. Greg Paulus had 20 points which I am really hoping will end the constant assertion that he still needs to get over his injury.
- Virginia beat PR Mayaguez who I never heard of before and only did so by a 59-52 score. Not a good trip to San Juan for the Cavs. On the other hand Appalachian State went down there and won the whole thing. Maybe parity is here to stay.
- Virginia Tech knocked off Seton Hall 80-61 on the undercard for Duke-Gonzaga.
- Florida State handled Coastal Carolina to move to 10-2 overall.
- UNC won the Tyler Hansbrough Homecoming Game over St. Louis 69-48 and unlike when Tyler was in high school his dad did not take the whole team out for pizza.
- Georgia Tech won a very even keel game with Georgia 78-69. The Yellow Jackets got a huge game from Thaddeus Young who had 24 and 11. Whenever UNC and GT meet it will be fun watching all those young guys play against each other.
- Wake Forest took care of Richmond 72-59 despite being down by 13 at half to the Spiders.